Advanced Ceramic Solutions on Demand
The Midlands Industrial Ceramics Group (MICG) has been established to ensure advanced ceramics help drive the competitiveness and success of Midlands advanced manufacturing by tackling key innovation challenges.
Advanced ceramics are vital to fulfil the growing need for high performance materials in ever more demanding conditions across a wide variety of manufacturing sectors.
The MICG combines tried-and-trusted industrial and academic expertise to create a unified process for the development and commercialisation of new and enhanced processes and products.
- Make the Midlands the go-to location for the global R&D and production of advanced ceramics
- Increase the competitiveness of the Midlands industrial base
- Enhance industrial ability to develop innovative ceramic technologies with speedy marketplace adoption
- Deliver a multi-sectoral approach with rapid translation of new technologies for the advantage of a whole range of industrial sectors
- Strengthen the UK advanced ceramics supply chain for the benefit of the Midlands advanced manufacturing sector.
The MICG will drive technological breakthroughs in advanced ceramic materials and their manufacturing processes, leading to the development of lower energy and cost routes for functional and structural advanced ceramics.
The MICG partners are clear that to continue to compete internationally there is an urgent need to constantly enhance current processes and develop future manufacturing techniques, in the area of advanced ceramics.
That journey starts here.
Want to join us? Contact us here.
- Rolls Royce
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Vesuvius (Foseco)
- Trelleborg Retford
- McGeoch Technology
- Prince Minerals
- AEON Engineering
- ADE Regeneration
- Mantec Advanced Ceramics
- PCL Ceramics
- CDS Group
- University of Birmingham
- University of Loughborough
- University of Leicester
If you are excited by our project and see you and your business as a potential partner, collaborator, or client then please contact us to discuss.