The Midlands Industrial Ceramics Group (MICG) was established in 2020 to ensure advanced ceramics help drive the competitiveness and success of Midlands advanced manufacturing by tackling key innovation challenges.
MICG combines industrial and academic expertise to create a unified process for the development and commercialisation of new and enhanced processes and products.
The wider aims of the MICG are to:
- Make the Midlands the go-to location for the global R&D and production of advanced ceramics
- Increase the competitiveness of the Midlands industrial base
- Enhance industrial ability to develop innovative ceramic technologies with speedy marketplace adoption
- Deliver a multi-sectoral approach with rapid translation of new technologies for the advantage of a whole range of industrial sectors
- Strengthen the UK advanced ceramics supply chain for the benefit of the Midlands advanced manufacturing sector.
The MICG will drive technological breakthroughs in advanced ceramic materials and their manufacturing processes, leading to the development of lower energy and cost routes for functional and structural advanced ceramics.
Our partners are clear that to continue to compete internationally there is an urgent need to constantly enhance current processes and develop future manufacturing techniques, in the area of advanced ceramics.
The partners are
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Trelleborg Retford
- Precision Ceramics
- CDS Group
- PCL Ceramics
- AEON Engineering
- Mantec Technical Ceramics
- Prince Minerals
- University of Birmingham
- University of Leicester
- Loughborough University
- TTIP Global
- Ideal Standards